Loving Someone New 2 Redux

by Tiana Koopa

A remake of a short story from 2020. Canon x FC focus. Stacey is still upset that Roy is dating his girlfriend Kacey instead of giving her a chance. Morton decides to take Stacey on a date to help her take her mind off of his older brother.

Original source: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14261127/1/Loving-Someone-New-2-Redux

Chapters: 1

Words: 1760

Rated: Fiction K - Language: English - Genre: Friendship/Romance - Characters: Morton Koopa Jr., OC

Exported with the assistance of FicHub.net

Loving Someone New 2 Redux

Hello everyone! So, I've been thinking about the original version I made a couple years ago, and I thought it was ok. But since I'm still updating my fan characters, I wanted to slightly change some things in this version. Well, I hope you all enjoy this!

Disclaimer: I only own my FCs!


Morton walked into the game room where his siblings and friends were hanging out. He saw that everyone was having fun, except for one. He looked over at his friend Stacey, noticing the annoyed expression on her face. Morton sighed, knowing what was wrong with his human friend. Stacey has always admired his older brother Roy's strength and had a crush on him for a few years now. Roy always rejected Stacey when she confessed her feelings and tried asking him out, especially when he started dating his girlfriend Kacey.

Morton walked over to Stacey and sat next to her, giving her a warm smile.

"Hey Stacey. Are you alright?" He asked her, already knowing the answer.

"Hi Morty. I'm alright." She lied and smiled back at him.

"Well ok then." Morton decided to drop the subject for now. He then thought of something.

"Hey," Morton said. "We're all going to the beach tomorrow. You wanna come with us?" Stacey thought about it. Then she smiled.

"I'd love to!"


Everyone was at the beach the next day and they were having a great time. Lemmy and his girlfriend Yasmine were playing with a beach ball, Iggy and his girlfriend Tiana were making drawings in the sand, Ludwig and his girlfriend Jasmine were relaxing, and Roy was swimming with Kacey and the rest of his siblings. Stacey sat on the beach, watching the others, especially Roy and Kacey. She looked down at the sand and sighed.

"I really don't have a chance with Roy, huh?" Stacey said to herself.

"Stacey?" She heard a voice say. She looked up and saw Morton drying himself off. Stacey didn't realize he got out of the water.

"Oh hi Morton." She smiled at him.

"Are you alright?" He asked as he sat down next to her.

"Oh I'm fine Morty! Don't worry!" She smiled. Morton stared at his friend and sighed.

"Stacey, you're thinking about Roy, aren't you?" Stacey sighed and looked away from him.

'Yeah… I know that I need to get over him, but it's kinda hard y'know?" Stacey sighed again. The two sat in silence for a few minutes. Then, Morton smiled as he got an idea.

"Hey Stacey? Would you like to go on a date with me?" He asked. Stacey quickly turned to face him.

"W-What?!" She exclaimed.

"There's a carnival coming to the Mushroom Kingdom next week. I bet we'd have a lot of fun! And it could take your mind off of my brother." Morton explained. Stacey smiled again.

"Yeah. That would be fun."


A week had passed and it was Friday night, meaning that the carnival had arrived in Toad Town. Morton arrived in the Mushroom Kingdom and made his way to Stacey's home. After knocking on the door, Stacey opened the door. Morton blushed slightly as he looked at her. Stacey had her short brown hair in a ponytail and wore a light green dress with silver pumps.

"Hi Morton!" She greeted.

"H-Hey. You look… amazing!" Morton said, blushing more.

"Oh thanks. I kinda felt like I overdressed for a carnival." Stacey chuckled, making Morton shake his head.

"Nah, you look great. Oh! I almost forgot. I got ya something." Morton reached into his shell and pulled out a shell. Morton smiled as he put the flower in Stacey's hair.

"Wow! Thank you Morton." Stacey said, her face turning a light shade of pink.

"Ready to go?" He asked.

"Yeah! I can't wait!" Stacey locked the door and followed her friend.


Morton and Stacey made it to the carnival and looked around in amazement. They saw a lot of Toads, humans, and even Koopas having a fun time playing games or eating snacks.

"What do you wanna do first?" Morton asked.

"Hmm…" Stacey looked around at the games until her eyes landed on a dunk tank.

"Let's play that! It looks fun!" Stacey replied, pointing at the game.

"Alright!" Morton followed her to the game where they saw a Toad sitting on a seat above the water. Stacey grinned as she picked up a ball and threw it at the target. She hit the target, but the Toad stayed on his seat.

"Aw man." Stacey frowned.

"I'll give it a try." Morton said as he picked up another ball. He took a deep breath and threw the ball as hard as he could. He hit the target, making the Toad fall into the tank of water.

"Alright!" Morton cheered.

"You did it! Good job Morty!" Stacey clapped. They noticed another Toad walking towards them, carrying a big stuffed Yoshi toy. He gave the toy to Morton for winning the game. Morton smiled and handed the toy to Stacey.

"You can have it, Stacey."

"Thanks Morton!" He smiled as he watched Stacey hugged the toy.

"Let's go on a ride next." Morton suggested. The two looked at the different rides near them and decided to get on a roller coaster.


"Roller Coasters are my favorite!" Stacey cheered as they got off of the ride.

"Heh mine too!" Morton replied. They then heard Stacey's stomach growl, making her blush.

"I guess I'm hungry. Let's get something to eat." She said. Morton nodded and followed her.

After getting their food, the two sat down at a table and ate. Morton decided to get a corn dog while Stacey had a caramel apple.

"Wanna play some more games when we finish?" Morton asked before taking another bite.

"Sure! And maybe get on another ride. Maybe one that's not too fast or crazy like a roller coaster" Stacey replied.

"Haha yeah! I don't think we need to lose our food." Morton chuckled. The two continued to talk and laugh as they ate. When they finished, they played a few more games. Even though they lost at a few, they were having a great time. It was staring to get late, so they decided to go on one more ride before leaving.

"Hm. What ride didn't we go on yet?" Morton asked and looked around. Stacey looked around too. Then, her face turned red as she looked at a ride nearby. She gently tapped Morton's arm and pointed at the tunnel of love.

"We didn't go on that one." She said. Morton's face also turned red.

"W-We don't have to go on that ride if y-" Stacey took his hand and smiled.

"It's ok Morty. Maybe it'll be fun!" Stacey said. After looking at it again for a second, Morton and Stacey walked over to the ride.


"Y'know, this is actually pretty nice. It's very relaxing!" Stacey said as she and Morton were on the ride.

"Yeah you're right!" Morton replied. Stacey smiled and gave Morton a kiss on his cheek, surprising the dark skinned Koopa and making him blush.

"Thank you for bringing me here Morty." She said.

"Hehe, w-well I'm happy you had fun." Morton replied, still surprised by the kiss.

"You know what? I think I'm finally over Roy." Stacey said as she glanced down at the water.

"Oh really?" Morton asked. Stacey looked at him and nodded.

"I haven't thought about him that much. But when I did, I wasn't sad or angry. Plus, I think Kacey is the right girl for Roy. He should hold onto her." Stacey explained. Morton smiled at her.

"Well that's great." The two sat in silence and enjoyed the ride. Morton then started to get lost in his thoughts.

"I'm glad Stacey had fun. Maybe… Maybe I should tell her this now."

"Stacey? Can I tell you something?" He asked.

"Of course! We're friends. You can tell me anything." Stacey replied. Morton felt a pang, but took a deep breath and looked into Stacey's eyes.

"Stacey I… I actually have feelings for you." Morton said, making Stacey gasp.

"Y-You do?" Morton nodded.

"Yeah. I wanted to tell you a few times, but you were trying to get Roy's attention. So I just gave up. But I… Still love you. More than a friend." Morton confessed. Stacey stared at him, her face getting redder.

"Oh Morton…" Stacey smiled at him. Then she hugged him tightly.

"Thank you for telling me!" Morton smiled and hugged her back. Then, Stacey spoke up again.

"Hey Morty? Would you like to go on another date?" She asked.

"You want to?" Morton asked, looking shocked. Stacey giggled and nodded.

"Yeah! I had fun today. Plus, who knows! Maybe we'll see what happens after another date." Stacey said.

"Well… Alright sure!"


"Thanks again for taking me on the date, Morton." Stacey said as they made their way back to Stacey's house.

"No problem! I had fun too. So um, where should we go on our next date?" He replied.

"Oh I know! We could have a picnic in the park! I can bake a cake for us too!" Stacey said.

"That's sounds great!" Morton exclaimed. A few minutes later, they made it back to Stacey's house. She unlocked the door and was about to open it, but stopped. Stacey walked closer to Morton and gave him a kiss, making Morton blush again.

"Bye Morton. I'll see ya tomorrow!" Morton waved back at her and watched as she entered her home and shut the door. Morton sighed happily and headed back to Bowser's Castle.


I hope this version was kinda better! Now… I said that I was going to finally work on remaking "A New Baby" but, I'm gonna put that story on hold again. As I was writing this story, I thought about an old fanfic that I deleted years ago called "Kids from the Future". So I'm gonna work on that instead (I swear after I finish that I'll remake "A New Baby" LOL) Now this version will only focus on two of those children and will be a little different than the original. But I hope you will enjoy it when I post it.

(back to chapter list)